Disclaimer

If you are not above the age of 18(21 depending on your location)PLEASE LEAVE NOW. If you are easily affended by adult/adult gay material PLEASE LEAVE NOW. Most if not all of the pics I post are gleened from free sites. If I have posted your copyrighted material, please provide proof of copyright and I will remove the posting as quickly as possible with my apologies.

The opinions and contents of this Blog are the opinions and work only of the individual blogger and should not be attributed to any other individuals or to any organization of which the blogger is a past or current member.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

More About Me

Let's see, in my last "More About Me" I ended with my divorce from BC. A few months before we split, she convinced me to start therapy(I will always be grateful to her for that), well anyway after just a few sessions it became couples therapy for that last few weeks. Valentines day 1998 I have her diamond and gold earring worth about $24oo(I had a friend in the biz so I didn't spend any where near that) and she game me a white dress shirt, boy I sure missed seeing that red flag, the next day she asked for a the divorce. At that point I knew that the only thing that would make her happy was to agree to the divorce. That evening I had an appointment with my therapist, needless to say when I got to his office I let loose and told him exactly what an incompetent imbecile I thought he was and never went back. After the shock changed to anger and then to depression I got suicidal, and decided that I needed to find a new therapist or I was not going to survive. I went through several before I found one that I was comfortable with when I found John, at that time I had no idea just why I was so comfortable talking with him. At the end of each session we would take the last few minutes for what he called a shooting match, he would as a quick question and I was to answer without thinking about it. Well after several months and dealing with a lot of issues from my child hood, one of his shooting match questions was "Are You Gay?" I said "Yes", he sat there with out saying a word, my mind was racing a million miles a second, for the first time in my life I felt so, so, so, so..... FREE. I had been in denial about so many things in my life for so long, my sudden renewed and empowered sense of self was so over whelming that all I could do was cry, seemed that with each teardrop the me that wasn't real was being washed away and revealing the true me. Ok . Wow...... that's enough for now, next time I will tell you about the session we had on his kitchen floor(don't go there....altho given the chance I would have......lol.....)

So for a final note for today. If your not happy with the way your life is don't mope through it, get into therapy or at least find a support group..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the first therapist you see doesn't have give you a certain comfort level, find another one, it took me at least 8 tries before I found John. It can save your life.... it saved mine.

No comments: